50165 - Model TD-165-C Truck Drier
ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE PAID WITHIN 30 DAYS OR ACCOUNT WILL BE PLACED ON HOLD OR ON COD
ALL FOREIGN ACCOUNTS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY IN ADVANCE (Inquire for details)
Prices are subject to change without notice.
W. A. Hammond DRIERITE Co. LTD
P. O. Box 460 / Xenia, OH 45385-0460
Phone: (937) 376-2927
Fax: (937) 376-1977
TRUCK DRIER MODEL TD-165 C
Dry compressed air can be provided to unload tank trucks carrying moisture sensitive materials by installing a DRIERITE® Truck Drier Model TD-165-C. The desiccant drier is mounted on the tank trailer or tractor and the compressor on the tractor furnishes the air. The material being carried on the truck can be unloaded without contamination by condensed water from the compressor.
The DRIERITE® Truck Drier holds 65 lbs. of Du-Cal DRIERITE® and dries compressed air to a -100° F dewpoint. Wet inlet air enters the bottom of the drier and passes upward through the DRIERITE® granules which absorb all water vapor. Refer to the technical drawings here.
Video: Refilling instructions for a Drierite® Compressed Air & Gas Drier.
STORAGE TANK VENT DRIERS TECHNICAL DRAWINGS
- Material - mild steel
- Max Working Pressure - 50 p.s.i.g.
- Max Flow Rate - 15 scfm at 25 p.s.i.g.
- Desiccant Capacity- 65 lbs. of Du-Cal Drierite, 4 mesh
- 5. 3/4" NPT inlet and outlet
INSTALLATION AND OPERATION
- Thread the 2" bushing on the adapter into large bung or remove the 2" bushing and thread the 3/4" pipe into the small bung.
- Puncture both ends of the cartridge. The holes should be rather large to reduce pressure drop. If the #50068 is used, remove plastic plugs from bottom and side of vent.
- Insert cartridge into rubber hose and tighten hose clamp.
Cartridge should be replaced after indicating window
turns from blue to pink.
If the drier is exposed to weather, the unit should be installed so that the cartridge points down to prevent liquid water from entering the exposed end.